Game Development Books
Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering
By Ben Simonds
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
1. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!:...
By The LEAD Project, Sales Rank #2461
2. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guid...
By Ben Simonds, Sales Rank #53435
3. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animatio...
By David Geary, Sales Rank #54979
4. Introduction to 3D Game Programming w...
By Frank Luna, Sales Rank #99597
5. Gamers at Work: Stories Behind the Ga...
By Morgan Ramsay, Sales Rank #132386
6. UDK Game Development
By Alan Thorn, Sales Rank #278272
7. Video Game Writing: From Macro to Micro
By Marek Walton, Maurice Suckling, Sales Rank #345866
8. Android NDK Beginner's Guide
By Sylvain Ratabouil, Sales Rank #352391
9. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons...
By Chris Vander Mey, Sales Rank #400805
10. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS...
By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple, Sales Rank #622158
- 1. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering By Ben Simonds
- 2. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 3. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!: Learn to Program By Making Cool Games By The LEAD Project
- 4. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple
- 5. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
XNA 4.0 Game Development by Example: Beginner's Guide
Published September 2010
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 534,890
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
This book is a step-by-step tutorial that includes complete source code for all of the games covered. It adopts an engaging style to teach all the game development concepts. Each block of code is explained, and game development concepts are diagrammed and covered in detail. Each game begins with a concept description and concludes with suggestions for expanding on the finished game. If you are an aspiring game developer who wants to take a shot at creating games for the Microsoft Windows platform with the XNA Framework, then this book is for you. Using this book, you can get started with creating games without any game development experience. A basic knowledge of C# would be helpful to kick-start your game development, but it's not essential.
Buy it now: