Game Development Books
Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon
By Chris Vander Mey
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
- 1. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 2. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Mark Dalrymple, Waqar Malik
- 3. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
- 4. PayPal APIs: Up and Running By Matthew A. Russell
- 5. The Game Developer's Dictionary: A Multidisciplinary Lexicon for Professionals and Students By Dan Carreker
XNA Game Studio 4.0 Programming: Developing for Windows Phone 7 and Xbox 360 (Developer's Library)
Published December 2010
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 1,337,442
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Get Started Fast with XNA Game Studio 4.0'''and Build Great Games for Both Windows'' Phone 7 and Xbox 360''
This is the industry'''s best reference and tutorial for all aspects of XNA Game Studio 4.0 programming on all supported platforms, from Xbox 360 to Windows Phone 7 and Windows PCs. The only game development book authored by Microsoft XNA development team members, it offers deep insider insights you won'''t get anywhere else'''including thorough coverage of new Windows Phone APIs for mobile game development.
You'''ll quickly build simple games and get comfortable with Microsoft'''s powerful XNA Game Studio 4.0 toolset. Next, you'''ll drill down into every area of XNA, including graphics, input, audio, video, storage, GamerServices, and networking. Miller and Johnson present especially thorough coverage of 3D graphics, from Reach and HiDef to textures, effects, and avatars. Throughout, they introduce new concepts with downloadable code examples designed to help you jumpstart your own projects. Coverage includes
From Windows Phone 7 mobile gaming to Xbox 360, XNA Game Studio 4.0 creates huge new opportunities for experienced Microsoft developers. This book helps you build on skills you already have, to create the compelling games millions of users are searching for.
Buy it now: