Game Development Books
Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering
By Ben Simonds
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
1. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!:...
By The LEAD Project, Sales Rank #2686
2. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guid...
By Ben Simonds, Sales Rank #44776
3. Introduction to 3D Game Programming w...
By Frank Luna, Sales Rank #64347
4. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animatio...
By David Geary, Sales Rank #128460
5. Gamers at Work: Stories Behind the Ga...
By Morgan Ramsay, Sales Rank #147763
6. UDK Game Development
By Alan Thorn, Sales Rank #163744
7. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS...
By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple, Sales Rank #179061
8. Video Game Writing: From Macro to Micro
By Marek Walton, Maurice Suckling, Sales Rank #545027
9. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons...
By Chris Vander Mey, Sales Rank #597677
10. Android NDK Beginner's Guide
By Sylvain Ratabouil, Sales Rank #822507
- 1. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering By Ben Simonds
- 2. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 3. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!: Learn to Program By Making Cool Games By The LEAD Project
- 4. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple
- 5. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
Advanced 2D Game Development
Published June 2008
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 355,070
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Get ready to build a complete, professional-quality 2D game engine from start to finish! "Advanced 2D Game Development" is your comprehensive guide to 2D game development using DirectX in the C++ programming language. Each chapter of the book covers one major component of the game engine, including 2D and 3D rendering, DirectInput, FMOD audio, game math, multi-threading, Lua scripting, and more, and the game engine is built upon chapter by chapter. Through the creation of the game engine, you'll learn step by step how to write solid code for multiple compilers, adding to the code as you work through each chapter. And every chapter includes an example game that illustrates the new techniques being taught. Perfect for game programming students and professionals alike, this book is your ultimate guide to awesome 2D game development.
Buy it now: