Game Development Books
Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering
By Ben Simonds
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
1. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!:...
By The LEAD Project, Sales Rank #4210
2. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guid...
By Ben Simonds, Sales Rank #29500
3. Introduction to 3D Game Programming w...
By Frank Luna, Sales Rank #55282
4. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animatio...
By David Geary, Sales Rank #62702
5. Unreal Development Kit Game Programmi...
By Rachel Cordone, Sales Rank #190452
6. UDK Game Development
By Alan Thorn, Sales Rank #221628
7. Android NDK Beginner's Guide
By Sylvain Ratabouil, Sales Rank #599745
8. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS...
By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple, Sales Rank #607237
9. Gamers at Work: Stories Behind the Ga...
By Morgan Ramsay, Sales Rank #636199
10. Social Game Design: Monetization Meth...
By Tim Fields, Brandon Cotton, Sales Rank #667400
- 1. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering By Ben Simonds
- 2. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 3. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!: Learn to Program By Making Cool Games By The LEAD Project
- 4. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple
- 5. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
Game Programming Gems 6 (Book & CD-ROM) (Game Programming Gems (W/CD))
Published March 2006
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 1,081,881
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Welcome to the sixth volume of the Game Programming Gems series. With team sizes constantly expanding, developers are finding themselves pushed to become increasingly specialized. This makes it important to have cutting-edge, ready-to-use material in your specialization, as well as resources that you can call upon if you need to work outside your area of expertise. Volume 6 has been explicitly designed with your current challenges in mind. With the new generation of machines, players expect higher-fidelity models and animations, fancier physics and graphics effects, and more intelligent AI. All of these capabilities require robust teams and longer schedules, so to help ensure that your games are still delivered on time and on budget, you?ll find 50 all new articles written by experts in game technology from many different backgrounds and over twenty countries. This volume also includes a brand new section dedicated to Scripting and Data-Driven Systems, which is focused entirely on the growing trend of removing the programmer from the data-tweaking loop. So, whether you?re a new game programmer starting out on this exciting path, a grizzled, industry veteran, or a most welcome visitor, we hope that you will find inspiration, insight, and at least one or two true gems to use in your world!
Buy it now: