Game Development Books
Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering
By Ben Simonds
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
1. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!:...
By The LEAD Project, Sales Rank #6472
2. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guid...
By Ben Simonds, Sales Rank #53381
3. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animatio...
By David Geary, Sales Rank #53687
4. Introduction to 3D Game Programming w...
By Frank Luna, Sales Rank #54582
5. Unreal Development Kit Game Programmi...
By Rachel Cordone, Sales Rank #224368
6. UDK Game Development
By Alan Thorn, Sales Rank #251245
7. Gamers at Work: Stories Behind the Ga...
By Morgan Ramsay, Sales Rank #390232
8. XNA 4.0 Game Development by Example:...
By Kurt Jaegers, Sales Rank #560983
9. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS...
By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple, Sales Rank #640371
10. Android NDK Beginner's Guide
By Sylvain Ratabouil, Sales Rank #705320
- 1. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering By Ben Simonds
- 2. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 3. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!: Learn to Program By Making Cool Games By The LEAD Project
- 4. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple
- 5. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
Programming Mutliplayer FPS Direct X (Charles River Media Game Development)
Published December 2004
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 842,071
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
If you have experience with C++ and DirectX and have always wanted to program your own game, this is the book for you. Programming a Multiplayer FPS in DirectX takes you from the basic game design to a fully functioning game! All of the source code, assets, and tools are included'you just work through the tutorial-based chapters and watch the game come to life as you develop it. And as new features are added, you can begin playing with them to see them in action.
Following a typical game development process, the book is separated into two distinct parts: Part One focuses on the design and development of the game engine, and Part Two concentrates on putting the game together using the engine. The theory has been kept to a minimum, so that you are following a hands-on approach and adding new functionality to your engine as you proceed. In the first part, you'll learn about the many facets of DirectX, C++, and object-oriented programming. You'll also learn how to design the engine and put the infrastructure into place. The next chapters will each add a new module to your engine including input, scripting, 3D rendering, sound, networking, and scene management. The second part covers the final development stages, including everything from game play to player management; it culminates with the complete multiplayer FPS game.
Throughout the book you'll learn key topics that will bring you up to speed with industry proven techniques, while improving your confidence as a developer. And because DirectX is the most prevalent game development tool available, once you master this project, you'll have the skills you need to create a variety of games!
On the CD!
Find out more at coderedgames.com
Buy it now: