Game Development Books
Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering
By Ben Simonds
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
1. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!:...
By The LEAD Project, Sales Rank #1581
2. Introduction to 3D Game Programming w...
By Frank Luna, Sales Rank #31977
3. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guid...
By Ben Simonds, Sales Rank #62370
4. Creating Games with Unity and Maya: H...
By Adam Watkins, Sales Rank #72577
By Trevor Burnham, Sales Rank #96211
6. UDK Game Development
By Alan Thorn, Sales Rank #100237
7. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animatio...
By David Geary, Sales Rank #126140
8. Producing Animation
By Catherine Winder, Zahra Dowlatabadi, Sales Rank #132722
9. Practical Rendering and Computation w...
By Jason Zink, Matt Pettineo, Jack Hoxley, Sales Rank #233107
10. Unreal Development Kit Game Programmi...
By Rachel Cordone, Sales Rank #251209
- 1. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering By Ben Simonds
- 2. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 3. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!: Learn to Program By Making Cool Games By The LEAD Project
- 4. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple
- 5. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
Programming Role Playing Games with DirectX (Game Development Series)
Published June 2004
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 933,045
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
No game draws a player into its world in quite the same way as a role-playing game does. In role-playing games, players break through the barrier that exists between their actions and the fantastic world that they're navigating through and instead become an inhabitant of that world. Get ready to put your creative ideas in motion and try your hand at creating your own role-playing game! Programming Role Playing Games with DirectX, 2nd Edition will show you how to do it as you create cool graphics and combat engines, handle players in your game, use scripts and items, and make your game multiplayer-capable. This book breaks a role-playing game down into its essential components, examining the details of each and showing you how to use them in your game project. Learn how to draw with DirectX Graphics, play audio with DirectX Audio, network with DirectPlay,and process input with DirectInput. By the time you finish, you'll possess the skills you need to create a complete role-playing game.
Buy it now: