Game Development Books
Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering
By Ben Simonds
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
1. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!:...
By The LEAD Project, Sales Rank #3005
2. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guid...
By Ben Simonds, Sales Rank #38161
3. Introduction to 3D Game Programming w...
By Frank Luna, Sales Rank #55037
4. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animatio...
By David Geary, Sales Rank #113690
5. UDK Game Development
By Alan Thorn, Sales Rank #143885
6. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS...
By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple, Sales Rank #149403
7. Gamers at Work: Stories Behind the Ga...
By Morgan Ramsay, Sales Rank #182677
8. Video Game Writing: From Macro to Micro
By Marek Walton, Maurice Suckling, Sales Rank #512364
9. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons...
By Chris Vander Mey, Sales Rank #563494
10. Android NDK Beginner's Guide
By Sylvain Ratabouil, Sales Rank #818788
- 1. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering By Ben Simonds
- 2. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 3. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!: Learn to Program By Making Cool Games By The LEAD Project
- 4. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple
- 5. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
Unity Game Development Essentials
Published October 2009
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 118,424
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Game engines are central to the video games we know and love. From the artwork to the mathematics that underpin the frames onscreen, the engine calls the shots. Aside from offering one of the leading 3D game engines, Unity also provides a superlative development tool ''' a tool that can produce professional standard games for Mac, PC, and the Unity Web Player. This book is a complete exercise in game development covering environments, physics, sound, particles, and much more, to get you up and working with Unity quickly. Taking a practical approach, this book will introduce you to the concepts of developing 3D games before getting to grips with development in Unity itself. From creating 3D worlds to scripting and creating simple game elements you will learn everything you'''ll need to get started with game development for the PC, Mac, and Web. This book is designed to cover a set of easy to follow examples, which culminate in the production of a First Person 3D game, complete with an interactive island environment. By introducing common concepts of game and 3D production, you'll explore Unity to make a character interact with the game world, and build puzzles for the player to solve, in order to complete the game. At the end of the book, you will have a fully working 3D game and all the skills required to extend the game further, giving your end-user, the player, the best experience possible. Soon you will be creating your own 3D games with ease!
Buy it now: