Game Development Books
Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering
By Ben Simonds
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
1. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!:...
By The LEAD Project, Sales Rank #1713
2. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animatio...
By David Geary, Sales Rank #31378
3. Introduction to 3D Game Programming w...
By Frank Luna, Sales Rank #47915
4. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guid...
By Ben Simonds, Sales Rank #71032
5. Creating Games with Unity and Maya: H...
By Adam Watkins, Sales Rank #80698
6. UDK Game Development
By Alan Thorn, Sales Rank #88516
7. Producing Animation
By Catherine Winder, Zahra Dowlatabadi, Sales Rank #122230
8. Game Development Essentials: An Intro...
By Jeannie Novak, Sales Rank #146785
9. Real-Time Shadows
By Elmar Eisemann, Michael Schwarz, Ulf Assarsson, Michael Wimmer, Sales Rank #226435
10. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS...
By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple, Sales Rank #306802
- 1. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering By Ben Simonds
- 2. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 3. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!: Learn to Program By Making Cool Games By The LEAD Project
- 4. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple
- 5. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
Test Driven Development: By Example
Published November 2002
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 52,963
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Clean code that works--now. This is the seeming contradiction that lies behind much of the pain of programming. Test-driven development replies to this contradiction with a paradox--test the program before you write it.
A new idea? Not at all. Since the dawn of computing, programmers have been specifying the inputs and outputs before programming precisely. Test-driven development takes this age-old idea, mixes it with modern languages and programming environments, and cooks up a tasty stew guaranteed to satisfy your appetite for clean code that works--now.
Developers face complex programming challenges every day, yet they are not always readily prepared to determine the best solution. More often than not, such difficult projects generate a great deal of stress and bad code. To garner the strength and courage needed to surmount seemingly Herculean tasks, programmers should look to test-driven development (TDD), a proven set of techniques that encourage simple designs and test suites that inspire confidence.
By driving development with automated tests and then eliminating duplication, any developer can write reliable, bug-free code no matter what its level of complexity. Moreover, TDD encourages programmers to learn quickly, communicate more clearly, and seek out constructive feedback.
Readers will learn to:
This book follows two TDD projects from start to finish, illustrating techniques programmers can use to easily and dramatically increase the quality of their work. The examples are followed by references to the featured TDD patterns and refactorings. With its emphasis on agile methods and fast development strategies, Test-Driven Development is sure to inspire readers to embrace these under-utilized but powerful techniques.
Buy it now: