Game Development Books
Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering
By Ben Simonds
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
1. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!:...
By The LEAD Project, Sales Rank #3194
2. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guid...
By Ben Simonds, Sales Rank #40349
3. Introduction to 3D Game Programming w...
By Frank Luna, Sales Rank #55336
4. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animatio...
By David Geary, Sales Rank #101691
5. Gamers at Work: Stories Behind the Ga...
By Morgan Ramsay, Sales Rank #105065
6. UDK Game Development
By Alan Thorn, Sales Rank #113612
7. Video Game Writing: From Macro to Micro
By Marek Walton, Maurice Suckling, Sales Rank #261475
8. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS...
By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple, Sales Rank #334777
9. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons...
By Chris Vander Mey, Sales Rank #395797
10. Android NDK Beginner's Guide
By Sylvain Ratabouil, Sales Rank #874058
- 1. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering By Ben Simonds
- 2. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 3. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!: Learn to Program By Making Cool Games By The LEAD Project
- 4. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple
- 5. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
Advanced RenderMan: Creating CGI for Motion Pictures (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Graphics)
Published December 1999
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 804,137
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Explores the theory and practice of using RenderMan to create computer graphics imagery (CGI) for movie animation. The authors, who work for Pixar, explain how to use the entire range of geometric primitives, and write detailed procedural shaders using texture, displacement, pattern generation, and custom reflection models. A final section offers tricks of the trade for custom lighting, volumetric shaders, non-photorealistic media, and ray tracing.
Buy it now: