Game Development Books
Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering
By Ben Simonds
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
- 1. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering By Ben Simonds
- 2. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 3. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Mark Dalrymple, Waqar Malik
- 4. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
- 5. PayPal APIs: Up and Running By Matthew A. Russell
Game Graphics Programming
Published June 2008
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 2,152,803
Availability: Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item.
Game Graphics Programming examines the many different techniques and effects that are used to create cutting-edge graphics in today's video games and how to implement them. The book takes a detailed look at computer graphics, exploring both the theory and application of each algorithm and effect and how they are structured and executed to generate the rendered result. Detailed C++ source code and pseudocode are used as examples throughout the book to demonstrate the methods being taught, but the techniques presented can be used with any programming language or tool. You'll begin with an introduction to basic 2D and 3D game graphics tools and components including common game mathematics, colors and pixels, and computer memory, as well as ray tracing and rasterization techniques and programmable shaders. Once you've reviewed the foundations of game graphics, you'll go more in-depth with shading and surfaces, direct and global illumination, special effects, and rendering nature. After the how and why of each technique is presented, you'll also examine optimizations that can be done to improve performance and alternative methods. Game Graphics Programming presents you with all of the information you need to efficiently and effectively create eye-catching graphical scenes for video games.
Buy it now: