Game Development Books
Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering
By Ben Simonds
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
1. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!:...
By The LEAD Project, Sales Rank #1619
2. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guid...
By Ben Simonds, Sales Rank #11677
3. Introduction to 3D Game Programming w...
By Frank Luna, Sales Rank #46766
4. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animatio...
By David Geary, Sales Rank #53153
5. Producing Animation
By Catherine Winder, Zahra Dowlatabadi, Sales Rank #75308
6. Unreal Development Kit Game Programmi...
By Rachel Cordone, Sales Rank #80492
7. Creating Games with Unity and Maya: H...
By Adam Watkins, Sales Rank #171144
8. UDK Game Development
By Alan Thorn, Sales Rank #193694
9. Game Development Essentials: An Intro...
By Jeannie Novak, Sales Rank #200497
10. Real-Time Shadows
By Elmar Eisemann, Michael Schwarz, Ulf Assarsson, Michael Wimmer, Sales Rank #329870
- 1. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering By Ben Simonds
- 2. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 3. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!: Learn to Program By Making Cool Games By The LEAD Project
- 4. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple
- 5. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
Game Graphics Programming
Published June 2008
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 1,772,654
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Game Graphics Programming examines the many different techniques and effects that are used to create cutting-edge graphics in today's video games and how to implement them. The book takes a detailed look at computer graphics, exploring both the theory and application of each algorithm and effect and how they are structured and executed to generate the rendered result. Detailed C++ source code and pseudocode are used as examples throughout the book to demonstrate the methods being taught, but the techniques presented can be used with any programming language or tool. You'll begin with an introduction to basic 2D and 3D game graphics tools and components including common game mathematics, colors and pixels, and computer memory, as well as ray tracing and rasterization techniques and programmable shaders. Once you've reviewed the foundations of game graphics, you'll go more in-depth with shading and surfaces, direct and global illumination, special effects, and rendering nature. After the how and why of each technique is presented, you'll also examine optimizations that can be done to improve performance and alternative methods. Game Graphics Programming presents you with all of the information you need to efficiently and effectively create eye-catching graphical scenes for video games.
Buy it now: