Game Development Books
Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering
By Ben Simonds
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
1. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!:...
By The LEAD Project, Sales Rank #2287
2. Introduction to 3D Game Programming w...
By Frank Luna, Sales Rank #25775
3. Mathematics for 3D Game Programming a...
By Eric Lengyel, Sales Rank #26074
4. The Multiplayer Classroom: Designing...
By Lee Sheldon, Sales Rank #39303
5. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guid...
By Ben Simonds, Sales Rank #53227
6. Game Development Essentials: An Intro...
By Jeannie Novak, Sales Rank #57534
7. Unreal Development Kit Game Programmi...
By Rachel Cordone, Sales Rank #112005
8. Real-Time Shadows
By Elmar Eisemann, Michael Schwarz, Ulf Assarsson, Michael Wimmer, Sales Rank #165280
9. Character Development in Blender 2.5
By Jonathan Williamson, Sales Rank #178485
10. UDK Game Development
By Alan Thorn, Sales Rank #179083
- 1. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering By Ben Simonds
- 2. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 3. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!: Learn to Program By Making Cool Games By The LEAD Project
- 4. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple
- 5. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
Published July 2011
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 165,280
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Important elements of games, movies, and other computer-generated content, shadows are crucial for enhancing realism and providing important visual cues. In recent years, there have been notable improvements in visual quality and speed, making high-quality realistic real-time shadows a reachable goal.
Real-Time Shadows is a comprehensive guide to the theory and practice of real-time shadow techniques. It covers a large variety of different effects, including hard, soft, volumetric, and semi-transparent shadows.
The book explains the basics as well as many advanced aspects related to the domain of shadow computation. It presents interactive solutions and practical details on shadow computation. The authors compare various algorithms for creating real-time shadows and illustrate how they are used in different situations. They explore the limitations and failure cases, advantages and disadvantages, and suitability of the algorithms in several applications. Source code, videos, tutorials, and more are available on the book'''s website.
Buy it now: