Game Development Books
Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering
By Ben Simonds
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
1. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!:...
By The LEAD Project, Sales Rank #6703
2. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guid...
By Ben Simonds, Sales Rank #52246
3. Introduction to 3D Game Programming w...
By Frank Luna, Sales Rank #53974
4. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animatio...
By David Geary, Sales Rank #78953
5. Unreal Development Kit Game Programmi...
By Rachel Cordone, Sales Rank #106023
6. UDK Game Development
By Alan Thorn, Sales Rank #210102
7. Gamers at Work: Stories Behind the Ga...
By Morgan Ramsay, Sales Rank #280220
8. Android NDK Beginner's Guide
By Sylvain Ratabouil, Sales Rank #280645
9. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS...
By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple, Sales Rank #650809
10. XNA 4.0 Game Development by Example:...
By Kurt Jaegers, Sales Rank #759218
- 1. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering By Ben Simonds
- 2. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 3. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!: Learn to Program By Making Cool Games By The LEAD Project
- 4. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple
- 5. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
Realistic Image Synthesis Using Photon Mapping
Published July 2001
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 1,676,511
Availability: Usually ships in 3 to 5 weeks
The creation of realistic three-dimensional images is central to computer graphics. Photon mapping, an extension of ray tracing, makes it possible to efficiently simulate global illumination in complex scenes. Photon mapping can simulate caustics (focused light, such as shimmering waves at the bottom of a swimming pool), diffuse inter-reflections (e.g., the bleeding of colored light from a red wall onto a white floor, giving the floor a reddish tint), and participating media (e.g., clouds or smoke).
This book is a practical guide to photon mapping; it provides both the theory and the practical insight necessary to implement photon mapping and simulate all types of direct and indirect illumination efficiently.
Buy it now: