Game Development Books
Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering
By Ben Simonds
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
1. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guid...
By Ben Simonds, Sales Rank #106312
- 1. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering By Ben Simonds
- 2. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 3. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!: Learn to Program By Making Cool Games By The LEAD Project
- 4. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple
- 5. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
Real-Time Collision Detection (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Interactive 3-D Technology)
Published December 2004
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 212,216
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Written by an expert in the game industry, Christer Ericson's new book is a comprehensive guide to the components of efficient real-time collision detection systems. The book provides the tools and know-how needed to implement industrial-strength collision detection for the highly detailed dynamic environments of applications such as 3D games, virtual reality applications, and physical simulators.
Of the many topics covered, a key focus is on spatial and object partitioning through a wide variety of grids, trees, and sorting methods. The author also presents a large collection of intersection and distance tests for both simple and complex geometric shapes. Sections on vector and matrix algebra provide the background for advanced topics such as Voronoi regions, Minkowski sums, and linear and quadratic programming.
Of utmost importance to programmers but rarely discussed in this much detail in other books are the chapters covering numerical and geometric robustness, both essential topics for collision detection systems. Also unique are the chapters discussing how graphics hardware can assist in collision detection computations and on advanced optimization for modern computer architectures. All in all, this comprehensive book will become the industry standard for years to come.
*Presents algorithms and data structures with wide applications to the fields of game development, virtual reality, physically based simulation, CAD/CAM, architectural and scientific visualization, molecular modeling, engineering simulation, GIS, ray tracing, and more.
Buy it now: