SWDTech Games is a small, independently funded, start-up indie game developer with a primary focus on reinventing the retro-style RPG for a new generation of mobile devices as well as for a non-traditional audience. Our four team leads are located in the metro NYC area. Come join us and help bring these ideas to life!
Our team has identified an under-developed game concept opportunity and will be building out a mobile RPG with a specific audio-visual style. Currently, we are at the very outset of the project. The Lead Designer will help to structure the project and work creatively with the team to develop elegant solutions for game implementation and architecture.
The goal for this project is to sell on both the iOS App Store as well as on the Android Marketplace. There may be future syndication options for App Store, Steam, XBLA, etc.
The Lead Designer position is a contract position. We will be paying 30-40% at the start of the project and the remaining amount upon project completion.
TBD. We will be looking to the Lead Designer to help identify options for dev kits, engines, etc. The Lead Designer should have his/her own computer hardware to run software on.
Lead Designer Position
• Will be responsible for brainstorming design ideas (gameplay and story)
• Will manage the entirety of the game design, including mechanics, levels and UI
• Will work with team leads to revise and enhance game design as necessary
• Has experience designing role-playing games
• Has experience working with mobile platforms (IOS and android)
• Demonstrable success in creating compelling and fun gameplay, scenarios and encounters
• Has an in depth understanding of major elements of game design including, system design, character interaction, character mechanics, story
• Has excellent creativity and demonstrated ability to generate innovative concepts, mechanics and ideas
• Has the ability to communicate well across disciplines; excellent verbal and written skills
• Has strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
• Loves games like Earthbound
The team is located in the metro NYC area. While it is not a requirement for the Lead Designer to be located in this area, it is preferred. Our team is well-accomplished and respected in their respective communities. I can't disclose their names, but here are the basics (if you would like to learn more, please contact me and I can release their names to you):
• Audio Lead (composition, sound design, and audio programming)--This is ME! My name is Kunal Majmudar...Google me if you like
• Art Lead
• Writing Lead
Please email me at email@example.com or call me at 732.598.7054. If I do not pick up, please leave a message and I will get back to you.
Previous Work by Team Members:
• Astonia 2
• Astonia 3
• Missile Master for iOS
• Danger Zone
• Cheater's Risk
This game will be aimed at mature and adult audiences. We will be looking for a design strategy that enhances the grittiness of the story/characters. We are also looking for an opportunist who brings excitement and creativity to the table. Somebody who challenges themselves and inspires their peers. This project has a great concept and an even greater team...does this all sound enticing to you? If so, please contact us...we'd love to bring you onboard!
|Date Posted:||October 28, 2011|
|Location:||New York City, NY|