At ROBLOX we find the brightest, most talented people in the industry and create positions around them. We are backed by two of the best VC's you could find, Altos Ventures and First Round Capital. Our business model is proven and we are generating growing cash flow from subscriptions, virtual currency, ROBLOX cards (Gamestop, etc.), and advertising.
Projects you may work on include:
- Front end, user-facing page development
- Working with new technologies relevant to distributed systems
- Optimizing website performance
- Expanding our virtual economy
- Integrating with our 3D game client
- BS or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience working on production high-load web applications
- Experience with .NET, LAMP, Ruby, JSP, or other web application stacks
- Experience with SQL, MySQL, Oracle or similar
- Experience with NoSql technologies such as Memcached, Cassandra, HBase, and CouchDB is a plus
- Passion for games, toys, and consumer media
- Experience at MMO/virtual world company
- Built your own game
- Awards for coding/math
Additional reasons to work at ROBLOX include:
- Fun and Creative freedom. Your creativity will be rewarded with fast release cycles and adoring praise from our users.
- Cutting Edge Technology. Our platform is a distributed physics environment running in a custom game cloud, integrated with a highly scalable web site. We are currently responding to 32,000 requests per second and have our scaling sights set on 2X, 5X, and 10X.
- Location. Our San Mateo office is perfect for travel to and from San Francisco and Silicon Valley via car or Caltrain.