If you have a link you would like added, please either comment on the forum's sticky topic or send a PM to the forum moderator frob.
Major Cross-platform iOS and Android -- sorted by cost:
- Cocos2d-x C++ SDK (FREE!)
- Unity3D engine (Mostly FREE unless you sell over $100,000 per year.)
- libGDX Java SDK. (FREE for most platforms, possibly requires Xamarin purchase for iOS)
- Moai C++ and Lua SDK. (FREE for offline use. Online services are $19/month subscription)
- Marmalade C++ SDK ($150)
- Xamarin C# SDK ($80 - $400 depending on license)
- Loom engine ($500)
There are several new iOS/Android engines that are popping up, I'll add them as they appear to mature.
OpenGL ES reference and tutorial
Java and BREW
Current Console Generations
The original PlayStation, the PS2, and first XBox are difficult for homebrew and generally require significant effort in order to make even the most trivial of games. They are generally discouraged from personal homebrew development.
- Dreamcast Scene - One of the few remaining Dreamcast hubs that is still active.
- DCEmulation (archive) - All sorts of information usable to homebrew developers -- dead but archived.
- Official KallistOS Homepage - Anyone serious about DC development should be using KOS - it allows you to control many aspects of the DC hardware from a higher level (note: There was also a forked GBA port too). If you want KOS, get the CVS version from the SF page as it's newer than the packaged versions.
- BOOB - The ultimate DC homebrew dev site. Contains tools, docs, information, demos, etc.
- SDL for Dreamcast