• Create Account

Network librarys

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 schtief   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 18 March 2000 - 12:58 PM

hi! i ve been programming a game for nearly 4 years. now i started network programming. i already had a look at winsock, direct play and transend. last one seemed do be the most comfortable way to use, but didnt work with window apps, since it´s a shareware version. direct play seems to be too complicated and winsock either. so im looking for a simple multipayer library oder source with a few functions as send, receive etc. i dont want to spend too much time in network hardware programming. 1) does anyone know a site or a source packet containing win 95 network progamming stuff? 2) has anyone the full version of transend or any experience in ordering the ful version (im from germany)? so long (hoping for the best) steve

Sponsor:

#2 SiCrane   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9387

Posted 18 March 2000 - 01:09 PM

Lewis Napper''s website for his book Winsock 2.0 has lots of code that you can use for the basics of send/receive. I highly recommend the book independent of the availability of the source code.
Address: http://www.sockaddr.com/

#3 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 18 March 2000 - 01:18 PM

RogerWilco Can be setup in about 4 lines and it has most of the basic functionality of DirectPlay.

#4 schtief   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 19 March 2000 - 02:41 AM

where can i find "RogerWilco"?

steve

#5 Armitage   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 19 March 2000 - 03:47 AM

www.resounding.com

I didn''t know it had direct play features, thought it were only for real-time voice comm. Is it a new feature or am I only hopelessly outdated?

A polar bear is a rectangular bear after a coordinate transform.

#6 johnhattan   Staff   -  Reputation: 2334

Posted 19 March 2000 - 04:02 AM

Also take a look at OpenPlay. It''s the network layer used by MYTH. It''s open-source and works under Windows, Mac, and eventually Linux.

http://www.publicsource.apple.com/

#7 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 19 March 2000 - 04:55 PM

Roger Wilco has a gaming APi that runs underneath the voice layer. It works like DirectPlay w\o the bells\whistles\documentation.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS