need some design help

Started by
0 comments, last by Renegade Artist 24 years ago
Im currently desinging a small text based game thats in Hush Hush stages However part of the game you must do kind of a simulation of hacking into government and other files on computers I do not and will not have this in anyway be a guild to learn how to hack but want just a fun involving and challanging way to hack into made up files Im not a programer and deffinetly not a hacker so I was wondering if people could help me in this design part on possibly away to simulate the hacking. A post on this message or a contact at ICQ 66054670 Would be most appreciated
Advertisement
Watch out how realistically you treat a game like that. Steve Jackson games was investigated by the secret service when they wanted to distribute a sourcebook to an RPG based partly on hacking.

See: http://www.sjgames.com/SS/index.html

If you''ve ever followed the trial or read the sourcebook involved, you''d realise that Steve Jackson games did not come anywhere even close to publishing real electronic hacking techniques.

The best source to understanding modern hackers I''ve seen for laymen is the October 1998 issue of Scientific American. Especially the article "How Hackers Break In ... and How They Are Caught." Other legitmate sources would be trying to find a local branch of ACM that has a SigNet group.

If you want to associate with "fringe" sources. Try contacting your local chapter of 2600, reading a copy of 2600 magazine or just joining the 2600 newsgroup.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement