• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Independent Consultants or Employees

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kent Bengtsson   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 24 March 2000 - 10:27 PM

Hi, I have spent alot of time on thinking on how to build a Virutal company and there is a question that needs an outside oppinion. Shall I choose to hire Independent Consultants or shall I go for Employees? Both have a good side an a bad side, but what do u think? Regards Kent Bengtsson

Sponsor:

#2 ZoomBoy   Members   -  Reputation: 162

Posted 24 March 2000 - 11:14 PM

It''s important that you have people who believe in your project. Employees are better for that. If you have discrete tasks that need to be done and know enough about what needs to be done, then independent people are good if they''ve produced either exactly what you wanted or something very similar

ZoomBoy
A 2D RPG with skills, weapons, and adventure.
See my character editor, Tile editor and diary at
Check out my web-site

#3 SiCrane   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9626

Posted 25 March 2000 - 07:40 AM

If you''re virtual company that has workers outside your nation, it''s tons easier in so many ways to treat them as independent contractors. It''s also easier to prove that they are contractors rather than employees that are just being paid as contractors. I don''t know about Sweden, but the US Internal Revenue Service is very picky about that kind of thing.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS