Do you guys like other platforms like PS,N64,SNES

Started by
5 comments, last by MuffinKnight 24 years ago
Do you like Ps,N64,Dreamcast,SNES,Nes,? "Don't Blame us, blame yourself or God" FFT
"Don't Blame us, blame yourself or God" FFT
Advertisement
The only problem with those, for us hobby developers, are that you have to pay to get the developer kits. If the kits were free then I''m sure we would see more homemade products for consoles as the consoles have the nice feature of being consistant on every system. No more worries on what will work on which system.
To add to that, it you have to pay licensing fees to develop a game for a system.

Shinryuu64
Solenoid Software Interactive
http://solenoid.50megs.com
shinryu64@kiss-my.as
Shinryuu64Solenoid Software Interactivehttp://solenoid.50megs.comshinryu64@kiss-my.as
Hey, and dont forgett... Playstation checks all games for how good they are... about 75% of the games get ditched...

========================
Game projects:
www.fiend.cjb.net
=======================Game project(s):www.fiend.cjb.net
MuffinKnight - even though youre posts are stupid, annoying and pointless, I might as well tell you which I like...

I like the Playstation because it has some really awesome games! It has my favorite developer, Squaresoft and my second favorite game of all time game- Metal gear Solid.

N64 - This system is good for the younger audience. It has a few really good games (Goldeneye, Goemon), but for the most part, it''s for 12 year olds.

Dreamcast - this is an awesome system with a LOT of potential! While it''s still fairly young, the games that are on the system rarely have enough depth to be hard-hitting hits! When it''s line-up of kick ass games (Shen Mue, Eternal Arcadias, Phantasy Star Online, Rayman, Picassio and Grandia 2), then it will display DC''s awesome power. DC needs to get more developers, though (IMHO).

Snes - This is my favorite system! It had too many games to list that were so good! Most of the really good games on the SNES beat the tar out of newer games as far as quality and gameplay go! SNES had Chrono trigger, which is still my favorite game of all time today!

Nes - The NES was simply cool! It got just about everything started! I love this system, but I played it when I was like, 2, so I don''t really ever play it often (last time I played it was 1990...)

my 2 cents..

Programming::~Fredric(const Annoy_Ance)
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
Fredric, it seems like only yesterday that you were flaming someone who ended their post with "..my 2 cents", oh wait, that _was_ yesterday.

I''ll have to mostly agree with you though.
I loved my NES. My brother and I play Baseball Stars whenever I go to his apartment and I still play Zelda, the Castlevanias, Metroid and FF1 on NESticle. I played Mike Tyson''s Punch Out for hours and hours when I got it.
I also loved my SNES, for FF2,FF3 and Chronno Trigger mostly, though it had lots of great games. Since I loved those two so much I bought an N64 and it makes me sad to see the lack of great and entertaining games on it.
I never really got into the Playstation though, the graphics turned me off since I was used to playing games on my computer. I did love Castlevania: SOTN on it.

I''m curious to see how the XBox, PS2 and Dolphin will be. The Dreamcast seems pretty cool so far, though I''ve only played demos on it in Best Buy.

bcj
My favorite console must be the SNES. Although I don''t own one right now, but I still play a couple of old SNES games with Zsnes (an emulator).

/. Muzzafarath
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement