How do I get started?

Started by
2 comments, last by Taiyou 21 years, 8 months ago
Hi! I''d like to get into some 3d modeling, but I have no idea where to start. I downloaded a couple of 3d modeling programs like maya ple and blender (which I am totally lost in) and I can''t find any decent place to start. The majority of the tutorials out there are instructions on creating certain specific advanced effects, but I can''t seem to find any good "for beginners" tutorials. Does anyone know where some good tutorials are? Or a good freeware 3d modeling program? Please help! Thanks!
Advertisement
good starting point?

Is easy :first choice what do you want to made!

-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
quote:Original post by Taiyou
Hi! I''d like to get into some 3d modeling, but I have no idea where to start. I downloaded a couple of 3d modeling programs like maya ple and blender (which I am totally lost in) and I can''t find any decent place to start. The majority of the tutorials out there are instructions on creating certain specific advanced effects, but I can''t seem to find any good "for beginners" tutorials.

Does anyone know where some good tutorials are? Or a good freeware 3d modeling program? Please help!

Thanks!

TrueSpace 1.0 has been released for free. I think it''s easier to get started it. If your interested you can get it at
http://www.pcplus.co.uk/article.asp?ID=8556
It about 3 floppies worth.

Patrick
Maya PLE is a very good start. It has a number of tutorials
for you to learn from. Maya is also the "standard" nowadays
amongst the larger game companies. You should be prepared to
spend a lot of hours learning it. It is much like clay modelling
or drawing you need hours of practice. At first it will probably
be crap but it will improve over time. The real question is
your own dedication.

Besides, it really doesn''t matter which package you are using
if you are good you can make any package look good ;-)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement