about RPG game programming

Started by
0 comments, last by oarpvfpre 21 years, 8 months ago
hello....i want to find the tools for RPG game programming who can tell me where i can get it ...tks....
Advertisement
hmm... while your at it, let''s just tell you the secret to the universe too, eh? (it''s 42, by the way!)

Seriously, though: General questions like this very rarely gett good answers. These fourms are great for specific questions like "what does the return value of ______ function mean?" or the like. Asking "How do I make a game?" will rarely get you a good response. (wait... rarely? How about never!) I realize that''s not what your asking, but it''s close.

As for tools: Visual C++, OpenGL or DirectX 8 SDK, and a manual are probably a good place to start. You can''t expect to find some prog on the net that will let you drag and drop your dream game. Often times, if you have something specific in mind, your going to need to make it yourself. (BTW: If you DO wan''t just some simple drag and drop deal, check out "www.rpg-maker.com". Your not gonna get Neverwinter Nights out of it, but it''s fun to mess around with! Especialy if you like old school SNES stuff)

Sorry if this came across as just ranting, but it''s true!
// Tojiart

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement