What do Americans think of the WEST WING?

Started by
17 comments, last by cliffski 21 years, 8 months ago
I am totally addicted to this program (and so is my wife). i think its the best thing to come out of the USA for years. I was reading how its not as popular in US as it used to be, now you are all behind dubya and his right wing agenda, what with Bartlett being fairly (for your americans) left wing. For a long time I thought Americans didnt understand wit or irony (thats a common UK view). The simpsons changed all that, and now the West Wing shows that you guys can be just as sarcastic and witty as the best of us brits. Im just interested to know what people over there think of the program. Is Bartlett a wimp? Is it an accurate portrayal of US politics? Is it better than Buffy? Whatever you think keep watching it, coz us Brits want this program to stay on the air.... http://www.positech.co.uk
Advertisement
Ya I heard of that show, never watched it though lol I live in CA, USA

Mindgamez Entertainment
quote:
For a long time I thought Americans didnt understand wit or irony (thats a common UK view).

Thats just becaus british humor that is non-Monty Python just isn't funny. You have to clue us in on some of your puns and all.

quote:
Is Bartlett a wimp?

I don't know. I've never watched the show.

quote:
Is it an accurate portrayal of US politics?

I don't know.

quote:
Is it better than Buffy?

Only teen girls watch buffy.

Oh yeah, whats wrong with being a right winger? Either way, McCain is the way to go.

[edited by - Just Another Penguin on August 5, 2002 3:28:48 PM]
[ADD CHEESY POEM OR METALICCA SONG LYRICS HERE]
quote:Original post by Just Another Penguin

Is it better than Buffy?

Only teen girls watch buffy.

If you only knew…

Hey! I watch Buffy as well! ^_^
Never watched it. If I want liberal propaganda, I''ll watch CNN.

And no, I''m not a Republican. I''m a Libertarian.

You know you''re a programmer when your computer is like family. When it''s more like a lover, you need help.
The libertarians are in the wierd spot. They hold the right wing ideal of small (NO) government, but the leniency of liberals. Oh yeah, the liberals hate the libertarians and the conservatives dont give.
---START GEEK CODE BLOCK---GCS/M/S dpu s:+ a---- C++ UL(+) P(++) L+(+) E--- W++ N+ o K w(--) !O !M !V PS- PE+Y+ PGP+ t 5 X-- R tv+ b+ DI+ D G e* h! r-- !x ---END GEEK CODE BLOCK---
The only time i watch West Wing is because i just got done watching the show before it (CSI which i don''t miss), and there''s nothing else on any other channel.

West Wing is a decent show.. above average even, but nothing i can really get IN to.

There''s just not a whole lot about government and all that BS that i can get interested in, and like to watch on TV.

I prefer courtroom dramas, and whodoneits, or PBS shows.

If you read my post you will notice I didnt in any way criticise a right wing agenda, just noted that the west wing is more left wing. And yet still you are defensive. Says a lot doesnt it.

http://www.positech.co.uk

What about *Family Guy*..that''s the funiest cartoon ever!
______________________________Only dead fish go with the main-stream.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement