• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Anyone have experience with 3D meshes?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jallen   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 29 March 2000 - 08:32 PM

Hi all, Does anyone have any experience with OpenGL 3D meshes (also knows as evaluators in OpenGL)? I have created a mesh and would to place a texture on it, problem is, only points I have are the control points of the mesh, not that actual points being drawn on the screen so I don''t know of a way to place a texture on it. Is there a way to get OpenGL to give me back the points of the bezier mesh or do I have to write my own bezier curve generation routine just so I can get my own actual points? Any help is appreciated, Jason A. --- I write code.

Sponsor:

#2 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 30 March 2000 - 01:56 AM

Try using glGenTexturei it can create texture coords for you. I think it is used in one of Nehe''s tutorials (Font mapping maybe?)
Its also good for environment mapping

#3 drago   Members   -  Reputation: 150

Posted 30 March 2000 - 06:04 AM

I suggest creating your own bezier patch engine, excellent information on this subject can be found at www.maniacal.org

----------
Drago

#4 awigga   Members   -  Reputation: 114

Posted 30 March 2000 - 07:44 AM

no

#5 awigga   Members   -  Reputation: 114

Posted 30 March 2000 - 07:46 AM

yes i kick his @$$ last week!

#6 Jallen   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 30 March 2000 - 09:02 AM

Thanks for all the replies, the first two were informitive, i don''t quite know what to make of the 3 and 4th ones. :>

Jason A.

---
I write code.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS