Roll, pitch, yaw, pain

Started by
1 comment, last by dyudovsky 21 years, 8 months ago
Hi! This is a generic problem from what i''ve read all over the net. I am making a game with a 3d ship (very basic space-ship) that has to point left, right, up down, and rotate around its axis. I am writing this game in MS C++ using OpenGL. I''ve seen many explanations of how to control roll, pitch, and yaw and how to do it correctly (taking into account that when i rotate around the z-axis first, my x-axis rotation is along a new axis (not (1, 0 ,0)). I have done all the math to find the new rotation vectors and it should work -- at least on paper. So i''m guessing that i do not know enough about rotation in opengl. Can someone direct me to some tutorial or source code of a very very simple flight simulator built upon opengl. Or tell me how to do it correctly. I just need to see some a working example of a space-ship or airplane that moves correctly in 3d space. (I found one but it worked incorrectly!!) Thank you, Dmitry
Advertisement
wrong forum...?

George D. Filiotis
Are you in support of the ban of Dihydrogen Monoxide? You should be!
Geordi
George D. Filiotis
Moved...

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost | Asking Questions | Organising code files ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement