• Create Account

Direct3d?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Smith   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 02 April 2000 - 03:30 AM

I''m working on a project (aren''t we all?), and I''d much rather use D3D than OpenGL for reasons don''t need to be discussed here. I''ve looked around, and I''ve never really found any good Direct3D tutorials like NeHe''s for OpenGL. Anyone know of any? -Dan Smith dans@3dgamedev.com

Sponsor:

#2 Spellbound   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 02 April 2000 - 09:03 AM

The best tutorial site for Direct3D that I have found so far is Direct3D.net. It's more a tutorial on how to use the sample framework that comes with the SDK though.

Here's an alternate link to Direct3D.net, as the above doesn't seem to work.

Edited by - Spellbound on 4/2/00 4:27:24 PM

#3 a2k   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 06 April 2000 - 04:57 AM

no good tutorials? unfortunately, that''s the reality, so that''s why nobody wants to deal with d3d. all the examples are embedded into this microsoft "application framework" code that i''ve had difficulty trying to unravel for weeks. i gave up, found a mesh loader for open gl, and i also found out that carmack uses opengl, so i''m sold. heh heh.

a2k

#4 firahs   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 288

Posted 06 April 2000 - 04:59 AM

I think OpenGL''s most attractive features are its portability and extensibility. Its a real winner.

O
/~*
/

#5 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 08 April 2000 - 10:22 PM

Except with drivers... (which is improving rapidly)
Since 3DFX release shit OGL drivers and then take over market (not quite the case anymore, however), quality is improving though. Nehe''s code seems to be alot more compatible than some games, a friend of mine didn''t belive that one of the programs was using opengl as it worked on his computer, when he was convinced that his opengl was not working.

Protozone

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS