This...is my story...

Started by
11 comments, last by skybrother 21 years, 7 months ago
This is the game I have been working on. In fact, I am desperately trying to sell it. Since I have just copyrighted it, (It doesn''t cost as much as I thought) I thought I should post it. Critics are more than welcome. Here is the link. It''s in word doc form, since screenplay formate does not show well in html form. http://skybrother.netfirms.com/games.htm
Struggling in converting something of mind to something of paper...
Advertisement
NICE!

Great outline of the story too! It''s interesting.

Just get some visuals of the game play up there and continue to add more and more details about the game itself and you''ve got a good design.

Good luck!

peace

-Sage13

Liquid Moon Team

Project X2

Thanks Sage.

I think I do need to make some point clear. I am more of a writer/director than programmer/visual designer. I know how to draw, and some 3D-modeling, but that''s about it. My goal is to sell or direct the script. (Is it an inheretance of slackness?)

The story also has a prequal and sequal. I myself find this this one more twisting, which is easier to work on.
No one else wants to comment? Even negative ones? (Perhaps people don''t want to bother to read so much for no reasons.)
I read a bit about the battle system (for some reason, I couldn´t open the story)... I haven´t read it throughly, when I finish, I´ll tell you my opinion , looks good until now...

Doesn´t that concept of Immediate Life Energy have another name? Stamina, perhaps...

El Ciro
Ciro Durán :: My site :: gamedev.net :: AGS Forums
You can say that. But, stamina has it''s own place, later, which determines how fast the recovery rate of everything is.
I read the screenplay. Suffice it to say I was disappointed that that is all there is so far

I''m sorry to say, I don''t think it''s *outstanding.* It''s good, but it''s not so completely different from what''s already out there. What''s your twist?

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates
- sleeps in a ham-mock at www.thebinaryrefinery.cjb.net

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

quote:Original post by superpig
I read the screenplay. Suffice it to say I was disappointed that that is all there is so far

I''m sorry to say, I don''t think it''s *outstanding.* It''s good, but it''s not so completely different from what''s already out there. What''s your twist?

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates
- sleeps in a ham-mock at www.thebinaryrefinery.cjb.net

I am just a beginer. I guess "good" is enough for me as a compliment. Yes, there is no twist in the first Act. It''s just for introduction. Assuming you haven''t read the outline,(as I would not recommand doing that, if you "somehow enjoy" the first Act.) major twists are distributed among the later acts, usually near the end of one act. Minor twists....depend on how you define it. Many of them might as well be cliched. That I can''t help much. Sometimes you think you have come up with an original twists, but down to the basic term, they are essentially the same ideas from those classic twists. And, when I finish with all the script in Episode 2, you will know from Episode 1 to Episode 2 is a huge twist too.

Is there enough tension in Act one too keep you going? Because that''s really what''s Act one for.
BTW, that was me upstairs.
About the homepage http://skybrother.netfirms.com/games.htm

Wow white text in white bk!!! Secret text!!! I like it!!!
(Also yellow title is good)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement