Newbie question about using GLUT

Started by
4 comments, last by Jon 24 years ago
I''m trying to GLUT with Windows using Borland 5.02. I''ve used GLUT on another computer with Unix, but when I try to build my program with Windows I only get Unresolved External blah blah.. with every call to GLUT. I know that the code is alright so what to do? What files do need on my computer?
Advertisement
I only program in assembler and know very little about C, but my guess is you have include a library.
Hope this helps!
- Ben
__________________________Mencken's Law:"For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution; and it's always wrong."
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science in 1949
Borland doesn''t ship with the glut libraries, you''ll have to download them from the SGI site. I believe there''s a link of the resources page off the gamedev main page.
Hi Jon,
I stumbled over these problems, too, when I started learning OpenGL. I also use Borland and glut. When you create win32 apps you need the glut32.dll (search at SGI or www.opengl.org) When you downloaded it you have to create a Borland lib-file out of the dynamic link library, using implib (in the BIN\ folder). The newly created lib must be placed in you projects or your lib\ folder.

Hope this helps, have fun!
I''m having the same problem right now... where do we put the glut32.dll?

Programming::~Fredric(const Annoy_Ance)
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
I''ve been having problems getting glut32 to work as well. Except I''m using Visual C++ 6.0. Getting the same types of errors so I''m not going to go into too much detail. Any help is appreciated :-)

Thanks.

~Mastema~
A pessimist is an optimist with a sense of history.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement