• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Wolf

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
31 replies to this topic

#21 Hootie   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 18 April 2000 - 01:13 PM

Here''s some concept art from my upcoming commercial game, Cheyenne:

http://www.gameznet.com/golgotha/cheyenne/cheyart.html

Sponsor:

#22 lpsoftware   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 18 April 2000 - 01:55 PM

Wow, Witchlord, that dragon is awesome! Wanna do some art for my game?

Martin

#23 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3416

Posted 18 April 2000 - 04:50 PM

Thanks for asking me, but I''m busy making my own.

WitchLord

#24 dog135   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 19 April 2000 - 05:23 AM

If you do freehand art, you can't go wrong getting a wacom! I got the Graphire model which is only $100 and I think it's great! It's a lot easier to shade when you can change how much it shades by how hard you press. Also when coloring a solid color, I have it set to draw with a smaller pen the lighter I press. Very nice when trying to get into a corner and then right out to a large area. I'm now finding it easier to just color by hand rather then use the selection tool to mask out the area and fill it with the pain bucket. (I use to do that when I just had my mouse)

E:cb woof!

Edited by - dog135 on 4/19/00 11:24:36 AM

#25 dog135   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 19 April 2000 - 05:26 AM

Here's a drawing I did of myself. This is how I really am. Tall, skinney, shy. Always wearing a coat.

I did the background with my tablet in Painter 3.0.
(Ok, so the background sucks. I was just playing around and need to practice making backgrounds.)

Edited by - dog135 on 4/19/00 11:28:28 AM

#26 Ninja Boy   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 26 April 2000 - 03:00 AM

dog135 you got some money in a game or a poster company in your wolves and dogs! I''m a fairly good artist but i have nothing to show really. Keep drawing those dogs, who knows you could be the next vincent vangoue (exept for the ear thing)

"blow up a lawnmower plant, save a lawn gnome!"

#27 SHilbert   Members   -  Reputation: 647

Posted 26 April 2000 - 08:28 AM

Deathscythe Hell from Gundam Wing. Paint Shop Pro, under 2 hours.

*Deathscythe Hell is the only name I''ve heard for the second Deathscythe. They haven''t really called it anything in the show yet....

"The wise make proverbs, and fools repeat them." -- ISAAC D'ISRAELI

lntakitopi@aol.com
http://geocities.com/guanajam/

#28 dog135   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 26 April 2000 - 08:42 AM

Thanks, Ninja boy!! I appreciate that!

Well, as of the 24th, I've been drawing cartoon characters for one year. To celebrate, I drew an aniversary pic. I've included, in the background, 2 drawings from every month for the last year.
(the one in the upper left is my very first attempt)

Edited by - dog135 on 4/26/00 2:42:54 PM

#29 Ninja Boy   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 26 April 2000 - 09:08 AM

Wolf, do you have a web page? If you don''t you should get one. I have a question too, do you have 1 dog you draw that has a name? or do you just draw dogs for fun?

"blow up a lawnmower plant, save a lawn gnome!"

#30 dog135   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 26 April 2000 - 01:32 PM

Yeah, I have a web page, just look at my profile. It''s:
http://www.verica.com/usr/dog

I don''t have many names for characters. Havn''t been drawing long enough to name many of them yet. My main character for my game is called Sara, her mentor (a fox) is called Trixie, and I have a computer mouse called "Maxie", I''m just Dog.

They''re all on my site.

#31 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 27 April 2000 - 07:36 AM

Your work would benefit greatly from a class in comparative anatomy. While I am not particularly fond of the digitigrade canid-humanoid cross, I know people who are, who have applied anatomical concepts to imaginary constructs and come up with very believable beings.

I also reccommend scientific illustration as a good course to improve basic rendering techniques.

$0.02

#32 dog135   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 27 April 2000 - 09:00 AM

Probably would help. But I'm not going to take a class for something that's just a hobby. When I do my game, I'll spend more time on getting proportions correct, etc. I'm just drawing right now because I have an hour to waste on the ferry each morning and afternoon.

Another reason I don't plan on getting heavy into graphics is because I'm colorblind. If it weren't for the fact that I memorized RGB values for most colors, I'd never have any colorized art. At least nothing you'd be able to withstand looking at. (Some people can't stand looking at my computer screen because of the color scheme I have set up.)

Oh, and FYI: I only recently started using constructs. Anything older then Feb of this year was drawn strait from head down without any preliminary lines. (Other then outlines) The girl in my aniversary drawing with the Pokeymon ball was drawn all in pen. If you look at the larger version of this, you can see just how I use to draw.

Edited by - dog135 on 4/27/00 3:04:46 PM

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS