• Create Account

Surface textures automatically?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Danack   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 06 April 2000 - 09:28 PM

Hi, Can anybody point me in the right direction for getting OpenGL to produce the correct texture coordinates for a surface? ie I''m drawing a surface like this:- glMap2f( GL_MAP2_VERTEX_3, 0.0f, 10.0f, 4 * 3, 4, 0.0f, 10.0f, 3, 4, &spherePoints[0][0][0] ); glEnable( GL_MAP2_VERTEX_3 ); glEnable( GL_MAP2_TEXTURE_COORD_3 ); glMapGrid2f( stepLevel, 0.0f, 10.0f, stepLevel, 0.0f, 10.0f ); glEvalMesh2( GL_FILL, 0, stepLevel, 0, stepLevel ); Which is fine and dandy, but the texture on it repeats and I can''t seem to get control over it... I think I should be using the functions glTexGeni(...) and glTexGeniv(...) but I can''t persuade either of these to do what I want, ie lock the texture to the surface without tiling. Anyhelp would be appreciated. Game production: Good, quick, cheap: Choose two.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS