• Create Account

[java] Mappy for Java?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Captain Goatse   Banned   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 13 April 2000 - 10:29 PM

Is this program platform intependent? So if I create FMP file in windows, does it work in Linux or Solaris? Has anyone experienced any unplatformindependence? Time comes, time goes and I only am. Edited by - Arch@on on 4/14/00 6:50:01 AM

Sponsor:

#2 Ingenu   Members   -  Reputation: 891

Posted 13 April 2000 - 10:54 PM

Yes it looks like.
I was wrong, I beg your pardon sir !

Sorry having mislead you, I was tired or stupid...

[Don''t quote me on this]

-* Sounds, music and story makes the difference between good and great games *-

#3 Jim_Ross   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 14 April 2000 - 04:08 AM

Mappy just makes FMP files, it''s your program that decodes them and makes use of them, so if your program runs under linux, I''d be pretty sure that it will read tghe fmp files. The only problem is, there really isn''t any docs on the format. People claim that there is, but there isn''t any in the java release. And the source for the playback files is just horrendous, i really got a headache from trying to look at them. I would have rewrote them for the guy if there was one once of documentation about his file format.

As you can tell, I was thuroughly displeased with my Mappy for java experience.

#4 Captain Goatse   Banned   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 14 April 2000 - 04:54 AM

It''s cool, but I played with it and got stupid error. It can''t find green or something... It just pumps bunch of errors, I think that there is something wrong with the RGB values. I''ll find it out. Also it is little bit slow and I found serveral ways to improve its speed. It''s handy tool, too.

Time comes, time goes and I only am.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS