My tutorial

Started by
1 comment, last by nodnarb 21 years, 6 months ago
This is the first part of my tutorial. If a lot of you like it I''ll make the next one. Please tell me what you think. http://members.cox.net/_-nodnarb-_/tuts/CPPTUT1.DOC
Freedom is a state of mind. [cOrPoRaTe AvEnGeR!]
Advertisement
a couple of quick points:

1 - You might want to explain that you need a compiler, and point them in the direction of a downloadable one, then tell them to RTFM

2 - Make the code a different colour or font to the descriptions, so it stands out better

3 - Perhaps make it an html file, so they dont have to download it to view it.

Apart from that, keep up the good work
Gavin Coates
[size="1"]IT Engineer / Web Developer / Aviation Consultant
[size="1"][ Taxiway Alpha ] [ Personal Home Page ]
I believe we all make tutorials to see what we can accomplish. I intend on writing tutorials to go from complete newb to DirectX. However, many of us repeatedly write tutorials about the absolute basics to start from. I believe we should write tutorials on what we''re trying to learn. If we do it, write about it, and compile it, it will retain in our heads much better.

So basically my thoughts on this are, if you''re beginning DX and wanting to make a game, write a DDraw init tutorial. After you''re done writing up through getting the game engine to work, then write the C++ tutorials. Then you''ll get only what you need for the C++ aspect. We don''t exactly need (and it is discouraged by Andre Lamothe) multiple inheritance to write a game... esp considering Quake''s source is in C.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement