• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Source Code for Network SpeedCard

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 harry   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 April 2000 - 12:26 AM

For those interested, I have just posted the source code for a modest little multiplayer card game - my first effort at network programming. It uses TCP/IP WinSock 1.1 and is written in C. The VC++ project files are also included in the download. The URL is http://www.ozemail.com/~eungyung/nsc The source code is still a bit messy and I haven''t gotten around to adding comments yet. Nevertheless it may be of interest to some of you..... Harry

Sponsor:

#2 Ratman   Members   -  Reputation: 181

Posted 15 April 2000 - 02:15 AM

Why did you code in 1.1 and not 2?

Im just learning to, I dont even know the difference....just wondering

#3 harry   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 April 2000 - 01:00 PM

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think that 2.0 is backwards compatible in the sense that it covers all (?) of the functionality of 1.1 but includes extra features like broadcasting etc.

I only used the basic winsock functions availiable in 1.1 including the WSA asynchronous functions. Didn't need any of the fancy stuff in 2.0...

Edited by - harry on 4/15/00 7:05:30 PM

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS