C++ Compilers

Started by
7 comments, last by Zaku2 21 years, 6 months ago
I need a good compiler thats free plz
What in God's green earth made you move us to Utah?!
Advertisement
Since you did not specify a platform, I can only point you to gcc.

Documents [ GDNet | MSDN | STL | OpenGL | Formats | RTFM | Asking Smart Questions ]
C++ Stuff [ MinGW | Loki | SDL | Boost. | STLport | FLTK | ACCU Recommended Books ]
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
GCC is the free compiler out there. Actually, it is better than some commercial compilers. On Windows you can use it with the Bloodshed interface and on Linux the KDevelop interface (all free!).
Megan
What do you mean by platform? Like Windows, Linux, or something like that? If so Windows
What in God's green earth made you move us to Utah?!
That still won't change the answer

Grab gcc-mingw32 off the mingw.org website.

Or the cygwin suite (with which you can get gcc 3.2 both in MinGW (win32) mode and in Cygwin (unix) mode) - though you'll have to select the packages you want ... there is a LOT of stuff in Cygwin (perl, python, latex, XFree86 ...)

Or look for Bloodshed's packaged IDE+gcc somewhere (I don't know the address). The compiler may be out-of-date, but you can upgrade through MinGW.

Documents [ GDNet | MSDN | STL | OpenGL | Formats | RTFM | Asking Smart Questions ]
C++ Stuff [ MinGW | Loki | SDL | Boost. | STLport | FLTK | ACCU Recommended Books ]

[edited by - Fruny on October 8, 2002 12:17:56 AM]
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
Dev-C++ is the way to go

look for the dev-c++ resource site, download and have fun.

I fseek, therefore I fam.
I'll give you a beating like Rodney King who deserved it!=====================================Any and all ideas, theories, and text c2004,c2009 BrainDead Software. All Rights Reserved.
You can also use the free borland command line tools (check out borland.com)

Do not meddle in the affairs of moderators, for they are subtle and quick to anger.ANDREW RUSSELL STUDIOS
Cool Links :: [ GD | TG | MS | NeHe | PA | SA | M&S | TA | LiT ]
Got Clue? :: [ Start Here! | Google | MSDN | GameDev.net Reference | OGL v D3D | File Formats | Go FAQ yourself ]

I would agree with Andrew, go with borland. It is more ansi compliant.
I would go with Dev-C++. It can compile Windows code and has a decent IDE.

You can get it here http://sourceforge.net/projects/dev-cpp/

Make it work.
Make it fast.

"I’m happy to share what I can, because I’m in it for the love of programming. The Ferraris are just gravy, honest!" --John Carmack: Forward to Graphics Programming Black Book
"None of us learn in a vacuum; we all stand on the shoulders of giants such as Wirth and Knuth and thousands of others. Lend your shoulders to building the future!" - Michael Abrash[JavaGaming.org][The Java Tutorial][Slick][LWJGL][LWJGL Tutorials for NeHe][LWJGL Wiki][jMonkey Engine]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement