Is anyone else a die-hard low-res freak? ;)

Started by
24 comments, last by Cessen 23 years, 12 months ago
Hey guys, I only just recently realized that I am a low-res lover! I never play a game with anything higher than 640x480, and I often play at resolutions even lower then that if I can. The really funny thing is that it has nothing to do with how good my computer is (it''s 750Mhz with a Geforce). I just like low resolutions The reason I only just now realized it is because my brother is a high-res lover, and he''s always complaining about the resolutions I set all of our games at And before now, we had a really sucky computer (100Mhz), so we had always put it at low-res just because otherwise it would run too slowly. Anyway, I''m just wondering if anyone else out there prefers low-res like me. Later!
Advertisement
How could you possibly like lowres? A lot of websites look humongous on it!

"Natalie Portman is hot. I have spoken..." - ILNP
"Natalie Portman is hot. I have spoken..." - ILNP
The poster never said he viewed the web in low res. He said he just plays games in low res, and likes it.

I also like low res games because it reminds me of nintendo and atari days.
___________________________Freeware development:ruinedsoft.com
he could be looking at Natalie Portman nude and forgot what he was writing.
Cessen,

The only time I would lower the resolution is in a deathmatch on a slow PC. I once played Quake against some friends and I trashed this guy because he was playing at 800x600 on a P166, and I was at 320x240 or whatever it is on a P133.

If you have a 750Mhz CPU and a GeForce card, you are nuts!!

Paulcoz.
Jesus Christ! I never play quake1 at that res in software mode in a deathmatch. It doesn''t make sense. Hopefully you were the host computer.
Hey, if you want better frame rates on a low-end PC you drop the resolution right?

Paulcoz.
There are only two low resolutions that i love. One of them is original Hercules disp adapter monochrome 720x348 linear mode, and other one is 320x200x8 of course. Good old times or whatever its called.

-kertropp

C:\Projects\rg_clue\ph_opt.c(185) : error C3142: 'PushAll' :bad idea
C:\Projects\rg_clue\ph_opt.c(207) : error C324: 'TryCnt': missing point
-kertropp C:Projectsrg_clueph_opt.c(185) : error C3142: 'PushAll' :bad ideaC:Projectsrg_clueph_opt.c(207) : error C324: 'TryCnt': missing point
Hi all.

How about 243 x 155? (Or something similar.) That''s the resolution of the Atari 2600 and I am just fine with it, well at least for many of the ames that where designed for that system. I think it is the simplicity of the games which makes me like that low resolution.

Topgoro
We emphasize "gotoless" programming in this company, so constructs like "goto hell" are strictly forbidden.
I usually have to run any 3 games at 640x480 because my video card can''t get a good framerate past that. if you have a g-force and a pIII 750, run it at the max. that is what the thing is made for!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement