_CrtDumpMemoryLeaks

Started by
3 comments, last by Qoy 23 years, 12 months ago
I am calling _CrtDumpMemoryLeaks at the end of my program in order to check for memory leaks. It's dumping out one leak, but the problem is, I don't know how to use the info it dumps out! It gives an address, a size, some data, and a number in curly braces. It doesn't give a filename or anything.. Does anyone know how to use this info? ------------------------------ Jonathan Little invader@hushmail.com http://www.crosswinds.net/~uselessknowledge Edited by - Qoy on 4/20/00 2:41:22 AM
Advertisement
To more accurately find out where the leak is,

#define _CRTDBG_MAP_ALLOC

before including the debug lib headers,

Then it will give more information about the leak.

or u can use set the checkpoint and dump objects (cannot remmeber the functions name)
One more thing..

the number inside the curly brackets is the count of how many allocations have occured before that memory block.
Thanks so much! Now it shows up with a file, but it''s just he crtdgb.h file that the problem is occuring in... But I did find out something about using the allocation number to find out which variable allocation was actually causing it (something by setting a _crtBreakAlloc thing in the watch or something like that).

Thanks!
This is some good info. Thanks guys.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement