• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

C++ Compiler for MAC

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 Promag   Members   -  Reputation: 132

Posted 21 April 2000 - 10:40 AM

PPL: Please let me know, where i get a c++ compiler for MAC for free???? to make my own project of opengl. I would be very happy if someone help me! and again sorry my english... PROgrammer

Sponsor:

#2 AnalGoat   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 21 April 2000 - 10:54 AM

Hmmm, a free c++ compiler for mac that will be able to use OpenGL? That could be a toughy, i''d like to see the answers to this post too. But I don''t think that CodeWarrior for the Mac is that expensive (not compared to MSVC++ at least!). You never really hear about free Mac compilers.....Sorry that I couldn''t help!

#3 gmcbay   Members   -  Reputation: 130

Posted 21 April 2000 - 11:48 AM

You can get Apple's MPW tools from:

http://devworld.apple.com/tools/mpw-tools/

They include a functional C++ compiler. The editor is pretty crap though...its not a full IDE like MSVC or CodeWarrior.

You can get OpenGL SDK from Apple as well:

http://developer.apple.com/opengl/downloads.html

(Drastic) Option #2: You could install LinuxPPC and use gcc.

Edited by - gmcbay on 4/21/00 5:49:13 PM

#4 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 22 April 2000 - 05:21 AM

I prefer CodeWarrior, but it''s way too expensive. If you can scrounge up a little cash you could get Discover Programming for Macintosh (which might compile for PPC, you need to check on it though). It is a version of CodeWarrior with a few features taken out and it can''t be used for commercial development. That''s what I started on, but have moved onto the acedemic version of CodeWarrior Pro 5 which is about half of the price for the regular version.
If anybody does know of other free compilers though, I would like to hear about them too.

Morgan

#5 Promag   Members   -  Reputation: 132

Posted 22 April 2000 - 11:56 AM

Tnx ppl!... its sad... but i will try to get the academic version of CodeWarrior...

Tnx again...

But if anyone knows if theres someone on-line please let us know....

Bye

#6 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 25 April 2000 - 12:00 PM

ok, you can use mpw to get opengl to work. however you should read http://public.lists.apple.com/digests/mac-opengl/1999/99-Oct/v01.n144 which describes what you need to do + has an example makefile. personally i use codewarrior, but mpw will work fine if your''re willing to deal with it (i wasnt).

#7 Morgan   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 25 April 2000 - 03:23 PM

I didn''t bother using it either (I tried, it''s confusing as hell when comming from CodeWarrior). I was pretty peeved when I installed CodeWarrior Pro 5 and it installed a copy of MPW too. What''s up with that?

Morgan

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS