• Create Account

Mac OpenGL info

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Morgan   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 22 April 2000 - 05:33 AM

I''ve been coding w/OpenGL for a while now using GLUT. It''s fine for doing quick demos and stuff, but I wanted to do a Mac-specific demo using Gamma fades, etc. So I figured out how to use DrawSprocket and AGL (and InputSprocket too, which means my demos can use any input device that will work one a Mac!). But, I''ve run into a few problems, most importantly I can''t get depth testing (maybe z-buffering too, I haven''t checked yet) to work. Anybody have any ideas? (Yes I''ve enabled GL_DEPTH_TEST) Morgan

Sponsor:

#2 Morgan   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 26 April 2000 - 03:35 AM

How many Mac programmers use this forum anyway?

#3 Demon Lord   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 26 April 2000 - 06:51 AM

OpenGL is multi-platform for the most part, and your question only deals with setting up depth-buffering. The point is that your title is misleading into letting one believe your question is Mac specific, as would be, let''s say, using fonts. Any implementation not supporting z-buffering would not respect the OpenGL standard, therefore would not get the liscence to use the "OpenGL" name, so it *has* to work.

BTW, does your card supports Z-buffering ?(stupid question, I know...)

Does any z-buf. tutorial works on your machine (I know there are some which have been ported to the MacOS)?

Eric Laberge

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS