C++ and C#

Started by
2 comments, last by Soulnafein 21 years, 5 months ago
Are this two different languages? My dream game programming, my passion game programming, my life is game programming
My dream game programming, my passion game programming, my life is game programming
Advertisement
Yes, C++ and C#(CSharp) are slightly different languages. I don't know much about CSharp though, but I hear from others that it's pretty good...though I don't think it's as good as C++ when it comes to game designing.

[edited by - Apocalypse_Demon on November 6, 2002 4:48:54 PM]
This may sound bold, but stick with C++. Look around the forums and see why.

Peace out,
Mathematix.
Q3A + UT1999 = UT2003
therefore UT2003 - Q3A = UT1999
and UT2003 - UT1999 = Q3A!
Yes, they''re two different languages. They share similar syntax, but they''re used for different purposes.

C# is a .NET language, and is used for .NET programming. If you want to build Windows applications with ease, I''d suggest learning this langauge.

C++ lacks many of the new features in C# (garbage collection, interfaces, etc.), but is typically faster for game programming. If you plan on doing more game programming, learn this language.

Having programmed in both, I can say that C# is conceptually more similar to Java than it is to C++. If you program well in Java and in C++, then picking up C# is a breeze. Also, if you''re used to doing Windows Apps using the Win32 API or MFC, using C# and .NET will make your life much easier.

Hopes this helps.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement