• Create Account

Counters

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Morgan   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 26 April 2000 - 03:43 AM

What is the best method for doing counters/timers? I personally do mine by dividing a counter (how much something is done each second) by my fps, but even on my crappy RagePro I can often pull over 100fps which can cause my GLfloats to get too small and no longer work at all. I don''t really want to waste memory using GLdoubles. I was thinking of using a timer which is just called when the specific amount of time has passed, but this won''t work for my physics routines. suggestions? Morgan

Sponsor:

#2 ga   Members   -  Reputation: 126

Posted 27 April 2000 - 04:18 AM

If you work with win32, make a multimedia timer with timeSetEvent(delay_in_milliseconds,precision_in_milliseconds,pointer_to_callback_function,argument_passed_to_callback_function,TIME_PERIODIC/TIME_CALLBACK_FUNCTION);

Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.st

GA

#3 Morgan   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 April 2000 - 03:59 PM

Yeah, That works for some stuff. But, when I''m doing all my physics crap I need it to calculate for each frame rendered, so I guess my real question is: How do I keep my GLfloats from dropping out on me when they get too small? Why don''t they ever default to zero?

Morgan

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS