• Create Account

LNK2001 errors

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Morgan   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 April 2000 - 02:34 AM

Hello, I am having some trouble compiling the tutorials... I copied the code word for word out of the tutorial page, but after fixing my typographical errors I am have recieved LNK2001 errors, like the one below: lesson1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glLoadIdentity@0 I have consulted with a friend, and he is also getting the same errors, but from a different project. Could somebody please help us. Thank You, Morgan

Sponsor:

#2 Spiff   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 April 2000 - 02:48 AM

I''m no C++ freak (yet) so I may be way out now, but I think you''re missing a .lib file or possibly a .h file. Since that''s an OpenGL function missing. Make sure that your OGL libraries are available.

============================
Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design
"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown

#3 Julio   Members   -  Reputation: 116

Posted 28 April 2000 - 03:03 AM

ya, that error message means you''re not linking a neede library file. It looks like it could be OpenGl.lib (or OpenGl32.lib)

#4 Morgan   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 April 2000 - 03:06 PM

Yeah, I know. I''ve tried adding it to whatever the hell that dialog is which has the long string of libs in it, but it doesn''t work. I finished the demos a long time ago. I got through atleast ten ports of my Mac demos before the problem started occurring, now my friend is having the problems too. I usually use straight GLUT (for maximum compatibility) do I do a straight Win32 Consolse application for that (I can''t remember which I used to use which worked) or a Win32 app?

Morgan

#5 phearbear   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 03 May 2000 - 10:24 AM

if you are using VC++ you just need to add the lib (opengl32.lib probably) goto
projects -> settings
choose "link"
then in the bottom add(or make sure they are there)
opengl32.lib glu32.lib glaux.lib
and that those libs are in you lib path..
if you D/L the projec files , these are already added(you need to add them each time)
i'm not stupid i'm just swedish?
nice qoute

Edited by - phearbear on 5/3/00 4:25:57 PM

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS