• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Wargame Design - working with hexes

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Peter Fisla   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 April 2000 - 03:14 AM

Hi All, I''m having a hard time finding on the net some good C++ sample how to work with Hexes. I''m working on a WW2 operational wargame and I would like to implement hexes. Here is basically what I want: 1) I will have a big bmp file with all the hex tile terrain 2) I want to have a map editor where based on map size I select a tile I want to basically make my own map hex by hex. 3) My game will then load a scenario file + map file to play a historical battle scenario. So what I''m looking for is a simple example how to work with hexes + graphics like transparent bitmaps etc... I hope this is the right forum for me to ask this question, if not please direct me to the right one. Thanks all for your help I really appreciate it... Peter Fisla

Sponsor:

#2 AtypicalAlex   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 April 2000 - 11:06 AM

Try Amit''s Programming Site. I know that has TONS of stuff on tile-based games, iso-games, and hex-based games.

Unfortunately, I''ve lost the URL (*AARGH*). But SOMEONE must have it...

Alex
Atypical Interactive
www.atypical-interactive.com

#3 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 30 April 2000 - 12:01 PM

URL for amit''s games is http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~amitp/gameprog.html its a great site read everything there.

#4 Kylotan   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3338

Posted 30 April 2000 - 12:22 PM

The Isometric forum may also have some clues as they work extensively with tile-based systems such as the one you describe.

#5 Peter Fisla   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 02 May 2000 - 07:34 AM

Thanks guys for all your help I posted the message to Isometrix forum...

Peter

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS