• Create Account

camera movements and more

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 phearbear   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 29 April 2000 - 11:49 PM

I''m doing a demo, and i''d like the camera to cirkle around my object.. how? also(i guess) you needs tons of coordinates to figure out how were to move it, are there som program the calculates the coordinates ? //phearbear

Sponsor:

#2 Morgan   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 30 April 2000 - 04:14 PM

If you want a really simple solution: rotate the specified amount around the object you are viewing then translate back the distance you want. If you want to be able to do collision detection for the camera then it will take some simple trig to give you the resultat points.

Morgan

#3 jwalker   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 30 April 2000 - 05:02 PM

BTW, what are u using to render the object ?? Most 3D rendering will have some way of moving the camera..

My solution is to use a Matrix to represent the x,y and z axis. Then modify values in the matrix and re-render.

by modifying the matrix properly, u can move the camera anywhere u want...

#4 phearbear   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 03 May 2000 - 10:29 AM

humm well think i gotta learn matrixes then
thnx alot..
you know were to find some example code/tutorial?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS