• Create Account

Poser 4 models to 3D Studio R3

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 noxa   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 30 April 2000 - 07:41 AM

Hello, I''m having a bit of a problem - I can''t seem to export Poser 4 models into 3DS! I have tried everything I know, and either it doesn''t work or gets really screwed up. For example, the export to 3DS in Poser reports an invalid file in 3DS, the export to DXF causes a 30 minute load on a dual P3 600, and an export to a VRML causes just a ton of unrecognizable blocks to appear! I have Raydream 5 (came in the package I got) and was hoping it would let me export it, but it didn''t... I know the Wavefront (obj) format works, as I can import/export those in Bryce and Painter3D and they work fine, but I need to get them in 3DS - is there a plugin to import them somewhere? Thank you for any help you can offer, I''m in need of it! ~noxa~

Sponsor:

#2 AtypicalAlex   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 30 April 2000 - 07:45 AM

Hm, that''s VERY bizarre. You''ve tried just saving Poser as a .3DS file? Because it works fine for me. Although, I have heard complaints that the importing in MetaCreations is much better than exporting, which sometimes has problems.

Alex
Atypical Interactive
www.atypical-interactive.com

#3 noxa   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 30 April 2000 - 08:21 AM

I dunno, I think I found a plugin that will import and export OBJ files in 3DS - I hope it works! E-mail me if you want the addy for the site

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS