Sound Software Programming

Started by
2 comments, last by stealth 21 years, 4 months ago
Hello all I have a few questions about programming software for working with sounds ( mostly Wave sounds ) What I''m after is any help , maybe links , reffering to information that could help me with things such as Sound I/O and Sound Playback, I think there maybe more to it but what I''m thinking of doing , is maybe work on an application for Sound Editing , somehting like a Tracker or mixing tool , so that I can load up Wave samples mix them and then save them out as one file , I was thinking maybe there was a good SDK for such things that someone knows of?, another thing is the GUI , I wanna use a Windows Interface , but I can only do the most basic windows stuff when it comes to that , if u need ot know I''m using DevC++, hope somebody can help here , I''m not asking for anyone to write the program for me , Í''ve searched for the related topics on the net and cant find much useful stuff , thanks to anyone who can help
Advertisement
Not sure if its what you want, but have a look at OpenAL or DX sound API, do a google search. Thats all i can suggest.

-J
There''s a great site at www.fmod.org. They''ve got a free package for what I think you''re looking for and have active forums to help if you get stuck!

Thanks guys I''ll try both and see what I come up with

cheers

Stealth

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement