OpenGL or DirectX ?

Started by
6 comments, last by headshot 21 years, 4 months ago
take your pick, i want to know witch is better? so i can pick what to lerrn. i am god!
i am god!
Advertisement
http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article1775.asp
Neither. Use text for everything. Graphics are soooo 90s.
quote:Original post by headshot
take your pick, i want to know witch is better? so i can pick what to lerrn.

i am god!

Oh my god, here we go again.

1. If you want people to start flaming your topic, post this question.
2. If you really want an answer on this question, read carefully; browse the forum for similar topics, there are thousands of them.
3. If you where god, you would not ask this question and misspel the words ''which'' and ''learn''.

I''m sorry if I flamed you, all I wanted to say is, there are thousands of topics which discuss this question on the forum, and if you go to the ''for beginners'' page or something like that, you''ll already find an answer on the question. (If not there''s also an article about it in the ''Articles & Resources'' section on this site)

TO THE OTHER FORUM PPL: PLEASE DON''T POST HERE, DON''T START ANOTHER FLAME WAR!

To the moderator: Please close the topic

To answer your question: Not one person on earth can tell which of the 2 is truly better. Depends on what you like!
While typing Anonymous Poster #1 already gave all the answer you need, sorry
This has been beat to death in ever graphics forum on the internet.

That being said, it''s just a matter of preference. Your best bet is to read lots of docs on both and then make the decision yourself. Either way you can take advantage of the latest graphic (neither is SUPERIOUR).

One thing to point out though. DirectX 9 "should" be coming out TODAY, that is if they don''t delay it. So I''d suggest at least giving it a looksie. However, if you''re a cross-platform kinda guy/girl the OpenGL might be what you''re looking for.
We don''t need (yet) another DirectX vs. OpenGL thread. We already have a few hundred of those. Thread closed.
sorry if this was already asked, i''m new here.
i am god!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement