• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

lighting and colored polygons

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Morgan   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 05 May 2000 - 02:45 PM

I usually only use texture mapped polygons in my apps, but one I''m working on I need to not use texture mapping. The problem is that I can''t use lighting on the colored polygons because it turns to shades of grey (I''ve known about this for a long time, but ignored it because I didn''t really have a problem with it). How do I fix this? Morgan

Sponsor:

#2 ga   Members   -  Reputation: 126

Posted 06 May 2000 - 01:46 AM

You should use glMaterial()

Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.st

GA

#3 Bad Monkey   Members   -  Reputation: 145

Posted 07 May 2000 - 12:16 PM

Hi Morgan,

I think the call you need to make is glEnable(GL_COLOR_MATERIAL)... or something very similar. This enables color tracking (ie, it shades in progression of colors, rather than just grey).

-------------
squirrels are a remarkable source of protein...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS