Nintendo sees the light!

Started by
1 comment, last by Arek the Absolute 21 years, 3 months ago
Nintendo sees the light! Just in case anyone hadn''t noticed, I figured I''d put this up. And ask a few questions to anyone who might know. As far as I can tell, this thing is identical to the GBA as far as games, hardware, and development go. Particularly considering the article says Nintendo plans to run the two GBAs simultaneously. So, as far as I can tell, this is basically a GBA with a different case and a backlight, and therefore no concern for developers, as far as learning new stuff. Am I right? Anyone have any other neat info or thoughts about the GBA SP? -Arek the Absolute
-Arek the Absolute"The full quartet is pirates, ninjas, zombies, and robots. Create a game which involves all four, and you risk being blinded by the sheer level of coolness involved." - Superpig
Advertisement
Well, you are right -- the specs and such are identical to the original GBA. I work at a company that does GBA development, and we''ve just been made aware of this as well -- Nintendo didn''t want to leak it to the developers even, and since it doesn''t affect us they figured it didn''t matter. Official word is that there is NO way for running code to even tell which hardware it''s running on.
The new design looks gay (interpret that how you wish). The old design actually made it look like you had a video game machine in your hands, the new design makes it look like you''re holding a make-up mirror. They should have kept the old shell (the clear glacier one especially, hell they should have made all of them clear, except maybe the platinum).

They should have replaced that tin-can of a speaker with two decent speakers, especially since they removed the headphone jack forcing you to buy an adapter.

Luckily they kept the hardware the same.

------------
- outRider -

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement