• Create Account

Zelda meets Diablo meets Tombraider

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
17 replies to this topic

#1 halo 9   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 13 May 2000 - 01:12 PM

I am a mapper, searching the net for a suitable c++ programmer and modeller to create a professional-quality medievil action/adventure game. I myself have worked on several Quake mods, and am finishing up an independent racing game, Checkered Flag - Gold Cup. I have always wanted to make something along the lines of a 3D ''Link to the Past'' (on SNES.) Genesis 3D would probably be the best engine to go with, or Wild Tangent. The project would require: -a c++ programmer -a modeller -a mapper (me) I have enough people in Quake to do 2D art, web pages, etc. I know a few good modellers, too, but would like to have one person doing all the models. If this sounds like somthing you would be interested in, and are capable of doing, email me at halo9@planetquake.com. I probably won''t check this message board again.

Sponsor:

#2 Landfish   Members   -  Reputation: 288

Posted 16 May 2000 - 05:33 PM

Hey, bright one. Your post is in the DESIGN forum, and you''re asking for a programmer, and a modeller? Try the PROGRAMMING or ART forums, or maybe (just maybe) the HELP WANTED forum, where people actually go to see this crap.

Gee, a 4.0 GPA and you can''t figure that one out? Oh, well, I guess you''d have to be a nerd for that...

#3 WhiteWolf   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 17 May 2000 - 12:16 PM

Sorry guys, I can't resist.

After watching halo 9's constructive criticism for other posters, I really can't believe that he stuck with the same name while asking for help!

He gives the impression in 99% of his posts that 99% of the other members on Gamedev have an iq of -2, yet he expects help when he asks for it.

Sorry halo 9,
Give you what you expect to receive.

Regards,
WhiteWolf

Edited by - WhiteWolf on May 17, 2000 7:18:04 PM

#4 Landfish   Members   -  Reputation: 288

Posted 17 May 2000 - 01:52 PM

I weep to think that our intellectual friend Halo 9 will never read these red-hot-flaming posts... what an awful jackass...

Hey, has anyone ever commandeered an inappropriate advert post and used it to talk about something cool? What about this: How many playable characters is too many? I am playing Suikoden on the Playstation right now, and it has 108.

108! I thought that would be too many, but it isn''t in my way or anything! Actually, it''s really cool being able to single pout a few ones that I really like, and not being guilty about ignoring the rest... Waht a neat game.

Listen to gwar: http://www.gwar.net/

-landfish

#5 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 18 May 2000 - 07:50 AM

Not all of the characters in Genso Suikoden are playable, anyway.

Given the limited resources needed to implement them (a portrait, a sprite, some text) in the worst case, it doesn''t require that much effort to add many of these characters. Granted, the ones that actually are playable require many times the resources of those that are just window dressing.

I just picked up a japanese version for next to nothing. I''m thinking of playing through it to see if anything is different from the north american release. I had no idea this game is 5 years old.

$0.02

#6 halo 9   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 18 May 2000 - 11:26 AM

Yeah well, I thought making a discussion out of ''Goblin Genocide'' was a pretty gay thing to do. We have our team, so I''m outta here. Later losers.

#7 Etnu   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 880

Posted 18 May 2000 - 11:42 AM

Oh, your so cool! I want to insult people who Im asking for help too! Ya know, if your just a jackass to people your whole life, nobody will like you (Do you have any friends in the real world?) Come on. That is the most pathetic bunch of crap I have ever seen in my life. I hope your project fails.

What is a man without goals? A dead man.

#8 Landfish   Members   -  Reputation: 288

Posted 18 May 2000 - 12:06 PM

Oh, yeah! It IS gay!

But I suppose you would know that already, since you take part in our gay-goblin orgies so often, you ripe-buttocked, urine-slurping goblinophile!

The reason you slay so many of the poor little green sex-fiends is because you enjoy molesting their corpses, you sicko!

Where does the Landfish live? Everywhere. Is not the Landfish the Buddha?

Edited by - Landfish on May 18, 2000 7:07:29 PM

#9 Landfish   Members   -  Reputation: 288

Posted 18 May 2000 - 12:07 PM

Mmmmm... Crispy.

#10 Hase   Members   -  Reputation: 313

Posted 21 May 2000 - 10:23 PM

Why does everyone hate that poor kid so much?

He probably had a difficult childhood and was made fun of a lot for wetting his pants all the time.

As much fun as it can be to have a punching ball like our wee halo, don´t we have other things to do?

PS: I bet he cried under his blanket every time he offed a goblin.

#11 halo 9   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 22 May 2000 - 05:44 AM

Yes, you are right. I have sex with ''goblins''. On a regular basis.

#12 WhiteWolf   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 22 May 2000 - 03:06 PM

Halo,

In the first two of your posts on this board, you have stated that you won''t be back. When, oh, when will you deliver on this promise?

WhiteWolf

#13 Landfish   Members   -  Reputation: 288

Posted 23 May 2000 - 12:31 PM

Yeah! You''re breakin'' our hearts! We can''t make fun of you behind your back?

Anyway, so you admit it? That''s pretty sick man! I mean, if you want to get it on with people who are of diminutive stature, there are a wealth of sites devoted to that very act! Not many for those who are green with underbites though... Good luck in your search, you toe-sucking arachnophile.

#14 Landfish   Members   -  Reputation: 288

Posted 23 May 2000 - 12:36 PM

(And another thing...)

WHAT THE HELL KIND OF A NAME FOR A POST IS THAT!

I mean, it''s clueless enough that you''ve posted a want ad in the design forum asking for the help of people in the wrong place, but jeezus!

If I were trying to put a team together, I wouldn''t want anyone who randomly clicked on such an ignorant amalgamation of three cliched and completely unrelated games! I''d hate to see the "team" you claim you ended up with!

LONG LIVE HALO 9, GDNet''s FAVORITE PUNCHING BAG (Second only to Battlefield Earth...)

#15 WhiteWolf   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 23 May 2000 - 01:00 PM

Now Landfish, how can you say that the three games are totally unrelated?

Obviously, he''s intending to merge the top-down view of Zelda, with the 2-d isometric view of Diablo, with the 3-d 3rd person view of tomb-raider.

Therefore, we''d have a top-down isometric 3-d view

Have to say it''s original :D

#16 Landfish   Members   -  Reputation: 288

Posted 23 May 2000 - 01:43 PM

I stand corrected. I was thinking about content, not form, my bad. (I got a medieval archeologist with pointy ears)

Anyway, top-down isometric 3D... Phantom Menace on Playstation did that. Can''t tell you if it was just that game or the idea itself, but it bit hard. No strafing buttons, you had to turn rotating left or right and that''s it. They opted to allow the player to roll instead of actually move fluidly. Ugh.

Halo 9 has not stopped sucking since my last post.

#17 Facehat   Members   -  Reputation: 696

Posted 23 May 2000 - 01:54 PM

Shouldn''t this post have been closed by now? I can''t see anything usefull coming from this.

--TheGoop

#18 m1dn1ght   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 25 May 2000 - 04:04 AM

You shall learn my child....
I''d love to see the Kodak moment when you get interviewed by a major publisher and bring that kinda attitude, and they set you straight.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS