Game programming in 24 hours

Started by
19 comments, last by Subotron 21 years, 2 months ago
Hey I just got a book called Game programming in 24 hours anyone who wants to learn should get it it''s ace.
Advertisement
I do not believe that it is possible to learn game programming in 24 hours.....maybe 24 months to get pretty good at it.

:::: [ Triple Buffer V2.0 ] ::::
[size=2]aliak.net
True. You can hardly learn most of the syntax in 24 hours...let alone all of game programming. But, i''m sure it''s a good book.

Moose
I don''t think any of the books that say "24 hours" or "21 days" are really serious about you learning their material properly in that amount of time. It''s just a marketing gimmick.
Actually, the 21 days books are serious. And the 24 hours means 24 hours of actually working on it, not 24 hours from when you start working on it.

-- Exitus Acta Probat --
No way they''re serious. Nobody could claim that he learned all the material in a programming book thoroughly in 24 (even non-consecutive) hours.

I suppose the 21 days books are a little more realistic, but really each "day" or "hour" is just a chapter that needs to be learned in whatever amount of time it takes. I doubt that many people stick to the schedule proposed by these books.
Moose: Game programming doesn''t really have a ''syntax'', it is probably assumed that you already know a programming language before learning game programming.
Those books refer to the amount of time it would take you to cover each chapter in the book.

Only an idiotic moron would assume that anyone could make the next mega-blockbuster hit in 21 days.
some people just want everything quick.

Can you upload the book somewhere or send it to me?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement